Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Let me preface this post with a bit of a disclaimer. I'm 9 months preggo, past my due date, and doggonit I'm tired. I keep my little 17 month old busy with all kinds of fun, engaging and educational activities, I promise. We read books, we sing the alphabet, we go to the park, we have play dates, we eat fruits and veggies at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and in between for snacks...and yada yada yada. This girl hardly ever watches tv. But occasionally when I'm puking every hour during my first trimester and resemble Mr. Burns from the Simpsons or when I haven't slept in a week because I'm up peeing every 15 minutes at night, the afternoon calls for a quick Blues Clues break on the couch with mommy. She usually loses interest before we get through half of the show, but today I'm a day over my due date and feeling it in every way. So, we popped some popcorn in the popcorn maker (*note: healthy snack!) ((*note note: can you tell I'm trying to feel better about my lazy, preggo mom decisions lately??)) and watched an episode of Blue today. It was her first sit down in front of the tv with a bowl of popcorn in hand and I've gotta say, the girl's a natural. Belly hanging out, eyes glued to the tv, and the fist shovin' in the popcorn. I was amused. Girlfriend can "veg" with the best of 'em.


No comments:

Post a Comment