Trying her first slice of watermelon:
First bite and she was a little wary, but stop and take a look at those thighs. Do they look like the thighs of a hesitant eater? No, no. Girlfriend does not give up on food.
Second bite...meh.
Third bite?....
Success!
Getting sick goes against all things summer. But apparently the nasty cold germs (that June undoubtedly stuffed in her mouth at some point while at Walmart via chubby fist) didn't get the memo. She got her first real cold, and she got it bad. Ear infection, diarrhea, and weird eye-thing-that-looks-like-pink-eye-but-isn't-pink-eye.
And of course congestion. Holy buckets of snot. A congested baby is an awake and non-sleeping baby. And a non-sleeping baby is a non-sleeping, half-crazed mama.
Y'all, I was desperate. So I turned to my good pal, Google. And this is what the internets advised me to do.
Don't hate it til you've tried it! Relentless, failed attempts to suck the snot out of my child with that flimsy, bulb, nasal aspirator wanna-be thingy led to this. One suck people. One tiny little suck, and bOOM! It is so rewarding. Really. (Note: the ways in which I find fulfillment as a person have dramatically changed since becoming a mother). I don't know much about Sweden, but I do know that some genius of a Swede invented this contraption and my doctoring-mama life will never be the same. Just spit out the wad of snot and have another go! Just kidding...there's a filter, I promise.
Look at the following faces, and tell me you wouldn't have tried it:
![]() |
![]() |
| (It gets bad, y'all). |
June's recently mastered the art of sitting. So, one day I plopped her in a swing to see what would happen.
She loved it!
Any opportunity I get to put her tubby little self inside a bathing suit, I take.
Lucky for me, I live within two hours of the ocean, and even better, Lake Tahoe.
And I'm posting the following pictures for no other reason than to show off how cute our little bug is.
Chubby around the edges, smiles all day, and fat cheeks to kiss. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy June!












Sorry she's been sick. At least she's a cute sickie!
ReplyDelete