June had found a fence plank that had come loose at the bottom and middle rung. She had swung it back and was holding it up for Jo, who was straddling the bottom rung, one foot in our yard, one foot in our neighbor's yard. Jo looked ready to make a break for it and start a new life in our neighbor's backyard. And June, the enabler, was coaching her through it while holding the loose plank up in the air.
Of course when I called their names, they panicked. Jo submissively stumbled back into our yard, while June stubbornly shouted protests, clearly not pleased that their escape plan had been thwarted by their mom. As I was nailing the plank back into the rungs, June was wailing. I went back inside to continue folding laundry and once again realized the girls were entirely too quiet. Wanting to make sure there were no other loose planks, I went back outside to find June acting on the same thought. She was scaling the back fence, tugging and looking for points of weakness in each plank.
These girls are 1 and 3 and I think I got a quick glimpse into what my future holds during the upcoming years...
![]() |
| The nutsos |

No comments:
Post a Comment