Monday, October 24, 2016

Jo - 6 Months

Jo is almost 7 months old. I forget what life was like before this little bug came along.  She's our playful, sweet, rambunctious baby girl and life is so much fun with her around. I love watching her personality develop as she continues to grow, but sometimes I want so much for time to stand still. She's growing too fast for this mama and I can't get enough of her 6-month-old, suction cup slobbers on the chin, baby kisses or her sleepy cuddles before she goes to bed--things I know she'll soon outgrow.



Tim and I sat down tonight and made a list of all our favorite Jo-isms. Here are a few:

- Jo is an avid thumb sucker. She pops that bad boy in her mouth on all occasions. Tired? Hungry? Excited? Sleepy? Teething? Her thumb is always there for her.


- The Jo smile. She scrunches her entire face - nose wrinkled, eyes squinted, and she breaths fast through her nose as she flashes a gummy (and as of yesterday, one tooth) smile. It's maybe the cutest thing in my life.



- She never holds still. If I'm holding her, she's grabbing my face while trying to somersault in my arms, or climbing onto my shoulders and trying to jump overboard. The girl is very very active. She often wakes up from naps, tufts of hair sticking out all over her head because she was rolling around in her sleep, however, the picture below is post-church hair. I'm not sure what happened.


- She loves tickles from her daddy and playing with daddy's beard. When mommy walks in the room she starts laughing and scooting her way to mommy's arms (melts my heart every time).

- When we go for walks, she's super chill: she sits in her stroller with one leg kicked up, resting on the front tray, pops her thumb in her mouth, and is good to go for the next hour while we walk and she checks out the world around her. She's very content to be outside.

- She's healthy and happy with a crazy appetite. She started solids a few weeks ago and loves her meal times. When she wants more food or we're not feeding her fast enough, she lets us know by slapping her fist down on her tray. She can be a tad bit demanding.

- She has stayed a steady 50% for height and weight and a whopping 90% head circumference (I feel now is a good time to remind you that I pushed that sizable noggin out without any drugs. Ahem.)

- She has the cutest little ears that stick out just a bit, the most beautiful blue eyes, and a head full of light brown hair.


- She's easy to make laugh, but especially laughs at anybody who takes a tumble of any kind (America's Funniest Home Videos fan in the making).


- She started scooting last week and within a few days began rocking on all fours, and she's just about got the crawling thing down. Consequently, she's always busy exploring and getting into everything!



June's obviously in shock.
- And June's learning what it truly means to have a little sister:






- Jo wakes up to nurse each morning around 6, a few hours before June wakes up. One of my favorite moments of the day is when Jo and I walk into June's room to get her up for the day. Jo starts jumping in my arms and gets SO excited to see her big sister. And June always smiles and responds with, "hi Joooo!" June is a very good big sister to Jo, and Jo is inevitably smiling if June is with her in the same room.



We sure love our Jo bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment