Friday, February 26, 2016

I've got a few weeks left of this pregnancy and I'm definitely feeling it. I'm slowing down, folks. About the only thing that sounds appealing these days is parking it on the couch with some ice cream or a box of donuts. So I've got to be creative to keep up with my crazy toddler. Yesterday I grabbed the popcorn maker and introduced her to it's wonder. We popped a bowl, toddled (yes, we both toddled) back to the couch, and shared some fresh popped popcorn. Entertaining, healthy, but most of all, a couch related activity. Score.

My favorite part of this activity came when June noticed she wasn't getting her fair share. She would take one kernel at a time, eat it, and then go back for more. But halfway through the bowl, as the kernels were disappearing, I noticed her stop and watch me take several kernels at a time and pop them into my mouth (because that's how I roll--"several" may be a bit of an understatement).  Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched me do it again. She looked down at the bowl as if realizing that it was disappearing faster than her little tummy was comfortable with. And as I reached down to fist my next bite, she grabbed my hand, shook her head back and forth, threw my hand out of the bowl and said, "nah!"

I tried to go in for a few more kernels and she quickly intercepted. Fairs fair. When did my girl get so smart?

No comments:

Post a Comment